This time I promise not to post any butt shots (don't be too disappointed). However it did spice up the web site for a bit. I noticed that Kim didn't even tease him about that. After all of the harassment about the pop tarts I thought you would have to really give him a a bad time. He can handle it, the pain medication makes his sense of humor even better.
He seem to be doing really well, today was rough because he kept getting the hiccups (about six hours straight) and as you cam imagine hiccups and broken ribs = PAIN! I called the hospital and they think that the air trapped in his chest is causing the diaphragm to spasm which causes hiccups.
We have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. I refused to take him to the one that we were referred to by the U of U. I am in a first name basis with my surgeon (I've spent far too much time with him) so I trust his opinion more that anyone else. Then on Thursday we meet with the trauma team again. He is convinced that they are going to tell him he can go back to work and get back on his motorcycle. I'm afraid it will be a disappointing day for him because he is no where near ready for that. He has got to be the most stubborn person on the planet! I keep having to use reverse psychology to get him do do what he need to do (hopefully he doesn't read that) it is so frustrating to have to depend on other people to do simple tasks. I just keep telling him to milk it because he will have the rest of his life to be over worked and be annoyed by me :)
The kids seem to be doing well too. They started swimming lessons this morning and it was a good break from being here taking care of Dad.
We didn't do anything for the fourth of July. I tried to get a wheelchair and go to the fireworks but that was way to humiliating for him, so we had some friends over and did some SWEET Wal-Mart specials in the driveway.
WTH
10 years ago
2 comments:
So glad to hear that Branden is doing better. That's terrible about the hiccups. I hate them enough as it is, I can't imagine how bad that must have hurt.
Thanks for the decorative blog update. How fun.
It's really hard to have other people help you. I was there. He'll figure it out eventually. I can only imagine how hard it is for the breadwinner to sit at home and not be off taking care of usual responsibilities.
Take care.
Post a Comment