Hey everyone,
I am teaching RS next Sunday (Aug 3) and I'm looking for some personal experiences I can share. My topic is our mission in life. We each have a specific mission we are suppose to accomplish while we are here and my goal is to give the sister's a gentle reminder of that. I know as we go through life we have times when we catch sight of what it is we can do that no one else can. That we see how the Lord has prepared us or guided us so we can accomplish these things.
To try to explain better here's an example: I worked at the Utah State Training School before going on my mission. When filling out my mission papers I had a compelling prompting that I should include that. I thought at the time it didn't really seem important but did it anyway. When I got to my mission one of the first things the mission president said to me was that a sister was coming in a month who was mentally challenged and he didn't know what he was going to do with her. When he read my papers he knew I was suppose to be her companion. I'm not saying that was my whole mission in life but I believe it was part of it.
That example is just a little thing. I'm sure you guys have better ones and that's why I'm soliciting your help. Maybe it has something to do with being a parent, or school, or having a certain occupation or church calling or someone you have helped along the way. Whatever it may be if you have something and feel comfortable sharing it....please do! I'm not excluding the young among us. I don't think you have to be oh, say, JR's age before you have these kind of experiences. :-)
If no one has anything, that's OK. I'll just figure you are all still trying to discover what your mission is. :-) I'm really just kidding. Don't feel pressured to respond. If I have left you confused about what I'm asking let me know and I'll try to clarify it better.
Also, if you have any other comments or insights on this topic I would love to hear them.
Thanks and love to all.
WTH
10 years ago
1 comment:
Thanks to Deb and Branden for providing me with a couple of things I can use in my lesson tomorrow.
Post a Comment