Monday, July 21, 2008

Mom's Journal


July 23, 1998


We decided to go on a little trip to celebrate the 24th. We went to Roosevelt and then up this canyon where a tornado went through and knocked down many trees Darrel wanted me to see. Well we were about there when it started to rain very hard. The fact that the road was dirt, we decided it was not good to continue. Before we realized we were so close to Roosevelt we got a motel room in Duchene and oh what a room . One wall was peach colored, one green and one half green and half peach. No where to hang a towel, just the bare necessities and to top it off it cost $57.00. We were so upset with ourselves that we didn't know we were so close to Roosevelt.


July 24, 1998

We went on down the canyon to Windy Ridge hoping JR or Karl were there but the weather was bad so they didn't come up. So we used the toilet and come home. It rained on and off all day so it was nice riding.


Gotta love that comment about the "rest" stop...

2 comments:

Deb Hansen said...

I love that you are doing this! It has inspired me to be a better journal writer. I always do okay for short bursts in life but haven't made it a habit. I am happy to report that I have been going for a month solid (sense Branden's crash) and these keep me going.

I find that as a woman bathroom breaks are the highlight off any trip ;)

Treena said...

I am as familiar with the bathrooms at Disneyland as I am the rides!