Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mom's Journal



March 15,1979


We went to celebrate Gage's B.D. tonight. Gage is 5 years old. MaraDee made rolls. We had salad, ham, punch and cake. Darrel Joe broke his collar bone on his way home from school playing some kind of game. He fell somehow. He wasn't too spry at the party.


October 30, 1979

My the world is in a mess. Gas for our car is $1.02 a gallon. Interest rate at the bank is 15%, the highest ever. Milk is $1.89 a gallon. People are beginning to run out of work. Makes you wonder where it will all end.


October 26, 1975

Treena is home for the weekend from college. She asked her dad to give her a father's blessing. So Sunday Darrel gave her a blessing. It was beautiful. Treena has mixed emotions about life. She wants to go to college but she wants to also stay home with friends and family. It's a hard time in her life.



Feb 5, 1977

Travis, our oldest grandchild was baptized today. Jearld his father baptized him. Most of both families were present.

Feb 6, 1977

Travis was confirmed today in the 14th ward. He had both his grandfathers and both his great grandfathers stood in the circle. His father Jearld confirmed him. We were ask to fast this day for moisture. We haven't had hardly any snow for this year.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Wonder what mom thinks of all the prices in 2008? She is probably glad she is not buying gas, bread, and milk. Love her and miss her.

Treena said...

I laughed when I read about the prices and thought others might enjoy them too.

I'm glad for some feedback. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is even reading these or if I'm just taking up space. :-)

Liz said...

I read them all and find them very interesting. Thanks for posting them. If you think nobody is reading them be very glad that you are not involved with "Hansen's Hideaway" = my family's blog page. We have no one posting; except my family, or commenting and many left to even venture onto the site, even with pleas and begging.

Jenny Hansen said...

yeah-our "Adams Family News" isn't doing well either. I've started commenting on my own posts. The journal entry's are my favorite.

Liz said...

Hey Jenny you and I have something in common - talking to ourselves online.