July 19, 1987
We went to church. Got dinner over. About 2:30 Kim brought Wyatt down. Karl brought Brett down about 4:00. Then we left for Strawberry. We got set up and by then it was time for bed. The boys wanted to sleep in the truck so they did.
July 20, 1987
We got breakfast then we tried fishing. I caught one and Wyatt one. I can't remember from there who caught what. But Tues after fishing we came down the canyon, it was blowing and looked like rain so we didn't fish. We came down to bring Liz and girls back with us, but they were having such an awful storm up there we decided we'd wait until Wed. morning because the storm was supposed to be over, and it was.
Wed. morning Darrel went to Salt Lake to pick up Liz and girls. Wyatt and Brett went to help. (They have had so much fun being together). When we got things ready we headed for Strawberry. Katrina is so cute, she entertained us the whole time.
Darrel and I went fishing with five grandchildren. All we got done was untangle fishing line and put on new hooks. But the kids had a ball.
WTH
10 years ago
6 comments:
The girls and I went fishing at Strawberry? Wow, it's a good thing someone documented this event. Where was I when they were untangling all those hooks? Probably back in camp with the two year old entertainer...
Well, her entry went on a little more but I was trying to keep it somewhat short. She does say that Kim came up the next day and you, he, Dad and the girls went out on the boat while she keep the two boys on shore. So apparently you did get some fishing in. From what I can gather even the "entertainer" went on the boat.
Oh well, memories do fade that's why one should keep a journal. I did good until...
I do remember a trip to Strawberry and my biggest and most prevailing memory is that my children drove dad and mom CRAZY and thus I was nuts, too. And there was DIRT there, even mud.
I remember bad weather, Brett, fishing and a few things around the campground. I try to surpress all camping trips, as much as possible. :O)
I love to fish; then you have children and your spouse wanders off and you have four hooks and many bathroom duties all to do by yourself and you give it up. Kim and I have talked about after my hands are fixed trying it again, without the camping part.
I don't like Fish Lake and camping is a bad room location in a five star hotel. Yeah, Kim waits and tells the bellhop to wait until I inspect the room and then we unpack, but mostly we find another room sometimes even another hotel. I tip very well! I get a lot of upgraded rooms in the places that we have been to before, for the lower prices. Poor Kim has to put up with me. The outdoors man and the indoors-upscale-at the beach/pool woman; just say it outloud; PICKY, FUSSY, AND SPOILED!
Is that the trip when I tried to hold Katrina and sit on the hitch at the same time and we ended up biffing it into the gravel and there was much blood from our heads?
YES, it was!!!
Post a Comment