First he wants me to clarify a couple of things. I guess I mentioned something about a sparkle in his eye. He wants it known that the sparkle is because his grandchildren are responding to his questions. It makes me happy.
Second everything he says about the scriptures is only his opinion and should be treated as such.
He wanted me to tell LeShel that he has the violin (and it's very cool looking) but no bow.
Anita, he now thinks the name of the King that Nephi appointed before he died was probably mentioned in the plates that Joseph Smith was first translating from and then Martin Harris messed up and 116 pages were lost. (Not how dad would word it but you get the idea).
He still thinks it's Benjamin.
I'm sure he'll have the answers to your scripture trivia questions by next week. So throw some more on now if you want.
Amy, James is a brother of Jesus. And so is Judas but this in not the Judas that betrayed him.
He would like you to check out Matt:12:46-50. And look in the Bible dictionary under apostles.
His brother Roland comes to visit him almost every Wednesday. Recently he got a award for being the weather guy for Fairfield for 55 years. Channel 2 (I think) came out and did a little report on him. They asked him how he did it. He told them "See that mountain over that? When I see a cloud over it I know it's going to rain." Makes sense. In fact the day they came out they planned to take some pictures outside but it started to rain. I guess he gave them a bad time because they are suppose to be the experts.
WTH
10 years ago
2 comments:
We went to visit with dad on Sunday mid-day and found all well with him. I mentioned his scripture challenges and he says he is concerned about all us middle aged ones. I look at it this way; at least we raised children who are engaged in his trivia and have questions and answers. Sounds like a really bad excuse now that I am typing it.
Kim showed him the photos of the Livesay's fire, King's Peak hike, and Red Pine Lake hike.
We love his room and when you sit there it really looks like home. I am sure he loves his new wall, with it's pictures and wall hangings.
He always tells me it's the grandkids he is concerned about. I guess he's moved on to us middle-agers now that they are responding.
I'm glad you showed him some pictures. I have been printing off some of the blog to take to him but no pictures.
Post a Comment