I have never tried this but thought it sounded interesting.
Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
1 coffee mug
4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking coca
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla
Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil and mix well. Add chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired.
WTH
10 years ago
6 comments:
My dad makes this all the time for himself. He puts it in a small loaf pan so it is not dangerous. He loves it.
A little personal cake!! This recipe sounds so amazing!! Cake is my favorite!! But I doubt I will make it. Only because I bet I'll make another......and another......and another..... (I have control issues with cake)
Sorry we don't use coffee.
It doesn't have coffee in it?
Mike, I just figured out what your reference to coffee was all about: watching a football game not reading Treena's comment.
ANYWAY - For someone who comes to Utah with an empty suitcase just to fill with Stephen's Gourment Cocoa, I KNOW you have plenty of those MUGS!!!
I wrote the receipe down at my father's and I don't dare make one either becasue I know I will make many more than one...
Okay, I knew some smarty-farty would bring up the fact it's a coffee mug :-)
So Mike if it makes you feel any better I'm sure it will work in a "hot chocolate" mug too. Maybe you could add Raisin Bran instead of chocolate chips....
Jenny, I guess that's why it called dangerous because it is so easy to make more. I'm tempted to try it but would also have a hard time to stop making them.
Post a Comment