Grandpa wanted me to post this question to the blog. Was there ever a city named "Jerusalem" on this continent? And if so, where was it? Sounds like a trick question to me.
Yes. When Aaron (son of Mosiah) seperated himself from Ammon he went to the Lamanite city called Jerusalem. (Alma 21: 1-2)
We went and had a great visit with Grandpa tonight. He gave me a 98% on his last question - I hope I get 100% this time! Hee Hee And tell Grandpa I did find where it reads that Alma served 9 years!
OK... I told dad I would look this question up and from my research (Kim) the only thing Anita left out is that the city was located joining the borders of Mormon. Interesting note is that the people in the city (BofM Jerusalem) were "Hardened" to the point in 3rd Nephi Christ tells the people "waters have I caused to come up in the stead thereof, to hide their wickedness and adominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints shall not come up any more unto me against them."
I'm suprised we don't currently have city in the USA or at least Utah by the name of Jerusalem given - Moroni, Nephi, Lehi, Manti, Bountiful, Jordan River, to name but a few.
Next question...
PS. JR-101 Kim-98 after 18 holes at Eaglewood today.
If you'd like to add an event to our family calendar follow these simple instructions! 1. go to www.30boxes.com 2. sign in using: email address- welives08@gmail.com password-hansencal 3. enter event and date in the box at the top of the calendar ex. Mike's bday 7/2/2008 (put the current year on birthdays and then on the prompt you can enter the birth year) 4. click add and log out....it will automatically update on the calendar at the bottom of this blog!
2 comments:
Yes. When Aaron (son of Mosiah) seperated himself from Ammon he went to the Lamanite city called Jerusalem. (Alma 21: 1-2)
We went and had a great visit with Grandpa tonight. He gave me a 98% on his last question - I hope I get 100% this time! Hee Hee And tell Grandpa I did find where it reads that Alma served 9 years!
OK... I told dad I would look this question up and from my research (Kim) the only thing Anita left out is that the city was located joining the borders of Mormon. Interesting note is that the people in the city (BofM Jerusalem) were "Hardened" to the point in 3rd Nephi Christ tells the people "waters have I caused to come up in the stead thereof, to hide their wickedness and adominations from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints shall not come up any more unto me against them."
I'm suprised we don't currently have city in the USA or at least Utah by the name of Jerusalem given - Moroni, Nephi, Lehi, Manti, Bountiful, Jordan River, to name but a few.
Next question...
PS. JR-101 Kim-98 after 18 holes at Eaglewood today.
Post a Comment