Saturday, October 11, 2008

From Pleasant View

We had a great trip to Oregon with Branden and Family.  We flew to Portland and then drove to Oceanside.  We had a fun time even with all the rain.  The kids found lots of shells on the beach.  We visited Astoria and the Maritime Museum there, the Air Museum at Tellimook, and the Aquarium at Newport.  After arriving in Newport, we went to McDonalds before going to the Aquarium.  J.R and Branden are waiting for the food and I was setting with Deborah and the kids when Deborah said, "J.R is hugging someone."  I looked and said, "It's his cousin."  It was Karla and Arthur.  They were staying in Newport in a timeshare.  What are the odds that we would be at McDonalds at the same time.  They told us about Steffanie's son being killed in a bullet bike accident.

Abby, Braxden, and Rocwell wanted to buy souvenirs at all the places we visited.  I goofed and put the huckleberry jam Branden bought in my carryon and so it was confiscated, but I have huckleberry taffy.  The trip was relaxing, educational, and fun.  The beach house has three different apartments.  We had two of them.  Braxden slept in our extra bed.  We also got to celebrate Rocwell's fifth birthday while there.

2 comments:

Liz said...

When did this accident happen? It is so sad that he was killed. How old was he and where did he live?
If I remember right Stephanie is one of Karla's daughters; right?
Liz

Treena said...

Your trip sounds wonderful! I'm glad all of you got to get away for awhile. Did anyone recognize Branden as a TV celebrity? :-)

I'm like the kids. I like to buy souvenirs everywhere too.

Stephanie is one of Karla and Arthur's daughters. I don't remember hearing about the accident either. Once again we hear of the "evil" bullet bike.