Monday, December 1, 2008

Here we go again....

Branden and I have lived in this house for six years and during those six years our ward has been split four times. The most recent was about fifteen months ago and in that fifteen months our ward has doubled with new move-ins, our primary alone was almost 400. So yesterday it was announced that we were going to be split again and that the new boundaries would be announced at a meeting that evening. For most members of the ward it is just another inconvenience because we are just getting settled from the last split. However, to the youth it is the end of the world as they know it (you've gotta love teenage drama). Through the weeping, whaling and gnashing of teeth I had to explain that I just lived across the street and that I wasn't dyeing (not that I know of anyway) and that they can just come visit. So I attend the official meeting and find out what will be happening, it was what we all expected and not too shocking. The bummer part of the whole thing is that with the split went all but three of our young women leaders/presidency, all of the young men leaders/presidency accept Branden and all but one of the primary presidency. So we are all set free. Until.....one hour after this meeting we get a call from the secretary who need's Branden and I to meet with the Bishop on tuesday night. (CRAP!!!) My darling husband say's "Tuesday's busy for us how about Sunday?" "Sure, right before sacrament meeting will be great!" Call me crazy but I can't live with the anticipation for an entire week. (now I might be dyeing) I figure one hour after the split is when they call the president's so the can get the rest of the auxiliary callings made...right? I just hope its "Mr. No Hurry" who gets called and not me ;)
Remember the weeping, whaling, and gnashing comment, now I'm the drama queen! PLEASE BE BRANDEN, PLEASE BE BRANDEN, PLEASE BE BRANDEN!!!

3 comments:

Treena said...

Remember the conversation we had about RS presidents? Hmmmmm....

I used to be the same way about the anticipation but now I just figure there's not much more they can do to me that hasn't already been done. I'm sure no matter who is being called to what you will do a great job. Let us know how it turns out.

Deb Hansen said...

Wheew....we got released and then called again to the exact same callings under different presidencies. We can handle that!

Treena said...

Trust me, your time will come :-)