Monday, January 19, 2009

The BLUE look.

I got my cast set today and it sure feels nice. I think I want the Cardinals to win so I should have gone with RED!
It looks so good; much better than last time, even though it has been VERY ROUGH to this point.

4 comments:

Treena said...

I'm routing for the Cardinals too since they have never played in the Super Bowl.

Why so rough? Have you been in a lot of pain with this surgery? I'm glad the cast is helping.

Liz said...

Friday may be a bad day to have surgery, too busy and a lower quality of care. Forced breathing anesthesia; without any meds in the I.V. first. Force feed food and coke and a pain pill before I could go home, even though I was not in pain. I had trouble breathing after surgery, only using about 1/3 of my lungs. I said "no" about twelve times to the question, "Are you on oxygen at home". There were more patients than nurses and beds, with so much noise and confusion. Nausea and vomiting at home, followed with no appetite, until yesterday. Afraid to take the pain medication until Wednesday then I was mad with pain and no tolerance left to deal with it. The pain medication gave me psychedelic dreams, racing mind and still no sleep. I had a wrap that was too loose and did not help with the pain. Most described it as a “Tenderfoot’s first attempt at first aid applied to his own hand”. There is bruising all the way into my elbow and beyond. Then there was this spot on my lower back that was bleeding and we found there was a tear out of my skin the size of a large diamond with the skin attached at the end. To top it all off bold work needed for my heart, that due to how busy and efficient they claimed to be when there are busy; that never got done. This time I did end up with a screw in the surgical process to hold the ligament in place because the capsule was not in as good as shape as the one in my right hand. It’s been a long TEN days. Things have to go up from this point on... :O)

Treena said...

Wow! Sounds pretty miserable. I hope things do get better.
I know all about healthcare and insurance companies and the bottom line and I have some pretty strong, unfavorable opinions about the whole thing but I just wish they would keep people a little longer. People come home with drains and PCA pumps and open wounds, but hey, if you can poop and pee you are good to go. I know several people who lately have had surgery and they have all been puking because of the pain meds. Plus, they don't have any medical background and all this tubing and stuff coming out of them is unnerving. Okay, enough ranting. I hope you are on the road to recovery now. Let me know if you need anything.

Liz said...

Thanks!!!