Julie and Jack are back living in Utah. I heard somewhere in northern Utah.
Brett has a new email address: hansrrd@yahoo.com
I think everyone should shoot him an email to make sure it works and just to annoy him :-)
Karl, Shirley, Daylin and Logan recently cleaned up the area outside Dad's window and planted a Double Delight rose bush. That was mom's favorite kind and he has been enjoying the beauty of it. There are also snakes in that area so you won't catch me out there! Dad said there will probably end up being a lot of them by summer's end. Yikes!
I heard from Dad that Travis and family are here in Utah visiting.
Deena, her sister and I went to St George for a couple of days. It was as hot as......well, you know. I don't care if it is a "dry" heat. Hot is hot! We went down to see Footloose at Tuachan and it was fun. The high temp that day was 109 degrees with a hot furnace-type wind blowing, but it "cooled" down to 95 by show time at 8:30pm. I was sitting by a very hairy guy who had no sense of personal space and his sticky leg was plastered against mine the whole time. Gross and yucky! But it was still fun to be somewhere other than home and the show was cute.
On the way home we were almost in a very serious accident but thanks to Deena's quick thinking and good driving skills we are okay. It's a good thing she was driving because she doesn't drive as fast as I do and so she had a few seconds more to react than I would have had. It's hard to explain what happened but it involved one of those big orange cones (not those little ones that look like a dunce cap, but the BIG ones) that are seen ALL over the state right now, a semi-truck and the guardrail. It left us all shaking and feeling like someone was watching over us.
WTH
10 years ago
6 comments:
I'm glad you made it home safe!! Sounds like a great trip otherwise.
Thanks for the update.
It's good someone's keeping us in the loop.
I love/hate that feeling you get right after a near miss. I love it because it is such a relief that the accident didn't happen, but I hate it because my heart pounds so hard for so long.
I'm glad all is well.
Thanks! Me too!
Well my computer has been restored from it's illness and I am back online; however, I have so many programs to be downloaded that I will be hit and miss for awhile.
It had a dreaded disease we are calling "Kimities".It happened the very day I left for Kenosha.
Glad you somewhat back online. I really hate when the computer crashes. What a pain!
Post a Comment