So what does someone do in the middle of the night in the ICU...I don't know? I can however tell you what one does not do...sleep. For those that don't know Branden crashed at the track yesterday and he is in the ICU at university of Utah. I know it seems wierd to be posting but I am preatty sure staring at him while he sleeps isn't helping a whole lot. He has 5 broken ribs a puctured lung (with a chest tube) a broken shoulder and an un-important piece of his spine is broken off. He is going to be okay but is in a lot of pain.
They don't normally let people stay the night in the ICU but his night nurse is an angel and has given into my crazy need to be here in her way. I have not ever had a night nurse that I liked (because they don't let you sleep) she must know that I need to stare at him all night :) who needs sleep anyway. Its funny how things like this put life in perspective when it happend I just kept thinking does he know how much I love him, how much I need him? He should always know that...right? I just prayed that I tell him enough...maybe staring at him will help ;)
Please hug your loved ones, be sure they know how much you love them.
Please keep him in your prayers, he is going to have a long tough road to recovery. It could be worse...right?
Deb
WTH
10 years ago
3 comments:
Deb,
Our prayers are with you all. Thanks to your posting we are able to know and to prayer. I am glad that you had an "angel night nurse". I am sure that I would not be able to leave and would do just as you are doing. We love you all and hope that Branden can find relief from his pain and heal quickly. The Lord's most tender mercies are what we know he will have.
Uncle Kim and Aunt Liz
Deb,
As Liz said, thanks so much for posting so we can all pray for Branden and your family. I'm so glad he will eventually be OK. Please let me know if I can help in anyway. I think I will put his name on the temple prayer roll. Can't hurt to have the extra prayers...right?
If you can please keep us posted.
love to all of you,
Treena
May you feel peace during the pain and the presence of angels circle thick around you and each person caring for and loving Braden. Please let the family know if we can help. I'm sure we could fast together. Our love is with you.
Post a Comment