I am enjoying a lovely day off from work today. Part of what makes it so great is that it's on the company. I have these horrendous deadlines all the time that require a lot of work hours. I'm salaried so I don't even get overtime. Basically after 40 hours I am working for free. But I try not to think about that. Anyway, we just finished a doozy last week. I was even pulling some all nighters. Just when I was starting to murmur under my breath that my manger was trying to kill me she gives those of us on the project a day off charged to 3M. Didn't have to use any of my own vacation time. I love my manager. Actually she is the best manager I have ever worked for. She works us hard and does expect a lot but she also finds a way to thank us for it.
So today I haven't done anything too exciting....just some housework and errands. But one thing I really like about days off is how they aren't as structured as my work day. One of my favorite things is to get up and peruse the newspaper while sipping on a Diet Dew. I am usually at work by 6am (I know, I'm crazy) so it's up and shower and dress right away. Hanging out in my PJs is a nice change once in a while.
WTH
10 years ago
2 comments:
sippin' on a dew as I read this, love the dew
Good to know I have a fellow "dewer" in the family. Grandpa drinks it too. In fact I blame him for my addiction to it. :-)
Post a Comment