Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

OK, since no one is sharing what they did over the holiday weekend you will be forced to hear about mine. :-) Friday morning our ward had a breakfast. We were asked to cook a couple of breakfast casseroles. Easy enough, something I could even do. So being the service minded individuals that we are we agreed to do it. We hadn't used our new oven yet and thought this would be a great way to check it out. Wrong! It doesn't work. Well of course this breakfast was at the crack of dawn so we debated which of our neighbors we should bother at such an early hour. We picked an older lady because we figured she couldn't hurt us and don't old people need less sleep? (I heard that somewhere). We affectionately call her The Widow Hughes, but not to her face. (I hate to think what people call Deena and I). Anyway, she was nice enough to let us use her oven. Breakfast was nice and Deena had to do her RS president thing and take plates around to those who couldn't come. I was a dutiful secretary and went along. Well that was all too much for me and I went home and took a nap. Later we went to see Indiana Jones and whatever thing he is currently trying to find. I can't quite remember. I think it's something crystal. It was pretty good. That's about it. Saturday was spent cleaning house, spacing Martin's baptism and fine tuning the sprinkler system (with thankfully no trips to Lowe's). Sunday was the usual church stuff. So there you have it. Not all that exciting but a nice break from work.

3 comments:

Liz said...

We got up late, went out for fast food and then in the evening had a BBQ with the Gotberg's. We had fireworks and water ballons by Grandpa. Wyatt was working, Anita at her parents BBQ and packing for Oklahoma. Livesay's didn't fly in for the day and the Galbraith's just plain ditched us. They (Jon and Kat) supplied a watermelon and some water ballons. It seemed rather small; however, it was wonderful just to be with Kjel, LeShel and the boys. IT WAS FUN!
The funniest part of the day was I had on a red shirt and white capri pants and thought how stupid I looked or at least I ought to have some blue on; after seeing Macie and Carsen's pictures. People looked at me funny all day. Later when LeShel arrived she pointed out how I was in red, white and blue. I told her I didn't have any blue on. She then pointed to my cast and I knew why people were looking at me weird all day. They probably figured I had the red and white to match my blue cast. :O}

Treena said...

Way to be patriotic without even trying! It sounds like a nice day. You are getting better at typing with your cast.
Does Anita have relatives in Oklahoma?

Liz said...

Wyatt had to go for another three weeks of training (FAA) and when the children are out of school she goes with him. They have a nice three bedroom apartment provided by the government, same ward everytime, temple close by, kitchen and the usual other rooms, and a swimming pool. They left Sunday afternoon and called about 11:00 last night and were settled in Grand Junction, Co.