OK, I always write everything down that Dad wants me to put on here so I don't forget anything. Well now I can't remember what I did with the paper.....so I'll do my best.
First off he wanted me to apologize to Branden. There is no Amoz in the Bible Dictionary. He was confusing Amoz and Amos. When you're 88 yrs old z's and look like s's....
I suspected (as probably a lot of you did) that he might be a bit confused. But I have learned it is better to keep quiet and let me figure these things out for himself. :-)
Last week we were suppose to count all the Josephs and what made them significant. There are four: Joseph with the coat of many colors, Joseph son of Lehi and Siarah, Joseph Smith Sr. and Joseph Smith Jr.
This week he has a question that he's not sure of the answer and wants some help.
Jacob 1:9 talks about Nephi appointing a king before he dies. Dad would like to know what was the name of that king. He thinks Benjamin since that is who is next mentioned. He said we could use the internet or whatever we wanted to find the answer. If anyone finds out please let him know or post it on here.
He also said if we have any questions for him to research he would love to do it. So let's give him some toughies :-)
WTH
10 years ago
3 comments:
Here's one for him:
In Matthew 13:55 it states that Jesus' brothers were named James, Joses, Simon, and Judas. After reading St. John 1:42, I'm convinced that Jesus's brother Simon is not Simon Peter...the apostle, because they are from different places. But, I'm wondering about the apostles James and Judas. Where they Jesus' brothers?
Grandpa is so funny. In his question about Nephi, it just says they called the next king second Nephi - but does not give a name. But, timewise it is impossible for him to be King Benjamin (130 B.C.)- and King Benjamin's Father's name was King Mosiah (Mosiah 2:32). In Omni it tells of the history of how King Mosiah ended up in Zarahelma and joins with the Muelikites and afterward King Benjamin becomes King(sp?).
Tell Grandpa we love his questions.
He will love of these. This is what he hopes to happen with his questions. I will pass on both of these responses.
Post a Comment