Monday, August 4, 2008

Should I feel old?

Braxden our (almost) seven year old made us laugh sooooo hard today that I just had to share. Our neighbors just had a 1969 Camero restored to show quality and she brought it over to show me. Braxden runs over to the car to check it out and is fascinated by the "things on the door that twist." He is yelling "Mom, check this out! These make the windows go up and down when you turn them." I said "Ya buddy, thats how windows worked in older cars." He just stands there for a second thinking and say "Why can't we have awesome windows like these, we just have a dumb button?"

He had never seen manual windows and thought they were way cooler than automatic windows. Am I just getting old or do you all remember the first time you saw a car with automatic windows...that was amazing! Now our kids think that they are getting ripped off by just having a dumb button to push. Will we ever be happy? :)

3 comments:

Treena said...

Maybe I wouldn't have such flabby arms if I had manual windows in my car :-)

Liz said...

This is completely so cute and funny!

Amy said...

hee hee