Can't believe the summer is gone and school is back in session. Since my last post, we flew to Reno and spent a week there. We did take a couple of days and took a trip with Travis and family to 6-flags and the jelly belly factory. Riding medusa was fun and we had a great time. (Of course any time you can do something with family, it is fun). As I stood in line with Chase to ride a ride (nobody else would ride with him), the kids in front of us couldn't believe that Chase's "Grandma" was going with him. We've also spent a night at Park City with Gage and family. I enjoyed the condo and the time with them. We even got to see Ryder have a tantrum. He is usually so quiet and calm. We had fun with Braxden for his birthday. The neat part was that he was so grateful and kept thanking everyone.
We have had a few of our plants and a pine tree die but the rest of our landscaping looks good. The grass has done really well. Our first week at the temple was very intimidating for me and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. We are learning a lot and will probably be in training for at least the rest of the year. We have assignments each night as well as study and practice time. I am actually learning faster than I thought I would which is a blessing. Being there is really a piece of heaven, Everyone is so kind, helpful, and supportive.
They will divide our ward next Sunday. Boy do we need it. There are around 750 members and we fill the chapel and cultural hall for Sacrament meeting. We are anxious to see where the dividing line goes.
I enjoy the blog because I find out more about what is going on with my own family from the blog than I do from them. (Like Deb's motorcycle). I think I need to get one going in the Peterson family. I have been one to lurk in the background, but I kept hoping that J.R would post something. Oh, wishful thinking that was.
7 comments:
I believe the question was addressed to JR and MaraDee... Thanks for stepping up and answering. Your question about why the birth Hansens aren't more involved has been something I have never been able to figure out. I think it's one of those mysteries we won't have the answer to until the next life. :-)
I guess it's a man thing. I'm glad someone will answer so the blog keeps going. I enjoy knowing more about everyone and what's going on. It makes me (and I hope others) feel a lot more connected. I feel the importance of that more in my life right now than I ever have. And by dang if I have to brow beat people I will. :-)
Sounds like you have had a great summer. I think that's pretty cool you would go on a ride with Chase. What a great grandma you are!
I think working at a temple would be so uplifting and inspirational. I envy you.
Your ward sounds a lot different than ours. We don't usually fill the chapel. We have a lot of less active and non-members in our boundaries. Most of the ward members have more than one calling. I feel like I'm in the mission field.
Today at Stake Conference we got a new Stake Presidency. They had been in for ten years. They called the first counselor to be the new president. So now I guess he'll be in for another ten years. Yikes!
Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Twelve was here in attendance. He and his wife spoke at both the Saturday session and today's. It was really neat and the spirit was strong. I don't mean to be disrespectful but I enjoyed his wife's talks the best. She is very down to earth and had the congregation cracking up. She reminded me of Shei Dew and the way she talks. It has been a great weekend in that respect.
Excluding Treena (of course) I think that us "out-law's" might just be the coolest part of the Hansen clan :)
Grandma Dee is a cool Grandma! When we went to Sea World in San Antiono she rode the "Steel Eel" with us. My Mom is terrified of heights and never, ever went on ant rides with us so it is fun that she is willing to do about anything. There aren't many Grandma's in the world that would do that, so enjoy it Grandkids!
I think you should start one for the Peterson's. Just do like Treena did and then hopefully it will catch on...I'm sure at least the Women will do it. (because were awesome!)
Thanks.....I think
It was a good comment! I can't honestly say the out-law's because because Kim's girls (it must be that GIRLS RULE!!!) always participate and they are not married in and still awesome!
( Just trying to get the men folk to participate)
I'm an outlaw, too and I blog my fingers to pain.
Kim just has me give him the short versions and then he tells me what to blog for him. It is so not a GUY thing!
CHICKS RULE!!!
Our ward is huge; maybe mostly active ward and one is lucky if they have a calling - Kim is lucky. They have a ward photographer; they call ward temple patrons... Teachers teach one every two months. It sure feels like I was put out into the pasture long ago, maybe it's my grey (hair (?) Wait a minute Kim has grey hair…There are six major calling in the stake that come from every ward, also.
Kim went to a Priesthood leadership meeting the other day and they said that it takes 4,500 people to run the Jordan River Temple and that the average turnover is 100 people per month. There are going to start moving people that work at the Jordan River Temple, especially those with a lot of experience, to work in the two new temples and they will need each stake to triple or quadruple the number of members serving in the temple so maybe I might get to come out of the pasture if they can find a place with an old lady with new hands, one back and two bad knees. I want the ward temple patron calling.
I'm proud to be a part of the out-laws or in-laws. I just wasn't sure which I was because it depends on who is talking as to what you are.
Even though I have a calling I still feel somewhat out to pasture with my brown hair so it will be interesting to see what happens once I'm gray. I'll probably start getting those Christmas visits from the youth...you know the ones where they bring you the fruit basket. Ugh!
No visit from the youth here at our home. We're not in the "IN" group either. The "IN" group would be the grey haired old people from Granger relocated and always to follow Gov. Bangerter.
Post a Comment