Saturday, September 27, 2008

From Pleasant View

We are currently having sheetrock finished in three rooms in our basement:  a family room, J.R's hobby room and a bedroom.  J.R did the framing and electrical but decided to hire out the sheetrock.  It will be nice when that mess is over.

We are now on a different schedule at the temple.  We have the same days but have prayer meeting at 11:25 and are replaced at 5:00 so J.R has the evenings for meetings.  Treena, I guess at one time you couldn't have another call if you worked at the temple but that is not the case anymore.  Since being the Executive Secretary is considered a part of the Bishopric, J.R could have been released from the temple but we decided to stay if they could change our schedule. Each temple group is a little different in personality and the way they do things.  We've been twice now with our new group.

We are planning a trip with Branden and his family.  They gave Abby, Braxden, and Rocwell the choice between Disneyland and Oregon.  (They like to stay at a beach house there).  Well, they chose Oregon.  So it must be a fun place to be.  We should be able to relax and I love the ocean.

I am enjoying the fall weather.  Hope it lasts a long time.

1 comment:

Treena said...

Relaxing in Oregon on the beach sounds so nice right now. But dang, no roller coaster rides for the cool grandma!

Thanks for clarifying about the temple and ward callings.

I like the fall weather too. It's my favorite time of year. And I'm with you, I hope it lasts for awhile.