These are photos from the John and Elsie Johnson Farm near Kirkland Ohio. There are many significant things in church history that happened at this location. Joseph Smith was tarred and feathered there. Both John and Elsie were severely injured; received blessing and were immediately healed. One of Joseph and Emma’s infant children died here… Ask Kim for more information. He goes to this area for a vendor that IHC deals with and is really into the Kirkland area and time period of the church. He has made several visits to the Kirkland temple and the Eli Whitney Store… He was given a book written by a local Stake president about all that happened in the Kirkland Temple and it is amazing. I am sure I have not remembered everything that he told me about it, but he did ask me to post the photos. So like a good wife I have done my duty. He was there this last week and since this is not a specific area of his job anymore it will probably be his last paid for by a vendor. I have not done spiritual justice to the history of our church that happened there; here is a link to follow to read about the Johnson farm and it comes from Joseph Smith's own journal. It will link you much future reading as it has done to me this morning.
http://www.mormonhistoricsitesregistry.org/USA/ohio/hiram/johnsonFarm/stories/johnsonFarm1.htm
WTH
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment