Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thoughts on Prayer

In conference this past weekend, Elder Bednar said,
I testify that prayer becomes more meaningful as we counsel with the Lord in all of our doings, as we express heartfelt gratitude, and as we pray for others with real intent and a sincere heart. I witness Heavenly Father lives and that He hears and answers every earnest prayer.
As I read this talk today I was reminded of an experience we had this week that I thought I'd share.

On Tuesday Macie was playing with a friend of hers from preschool. Several adults were standing around watching as the girls pretended that the play house had caught on fire. As Macie and her friend ran from their pretend flames, screaming "Fire, Fire!" I called out to Macie, "Oh, no! Did you call the fire department?" She stopped in her tracks and replied," Yes, and we said a prayer also!" All the adults smiled and a few chuckled. I said, "Oh, good Macie, I'm so glad." And Macie said, "We were scared and praying can make you feel better." At that moment I felt that all was right in the world because my 4 yr. old has planted a seed of faith in the power of prayer.

This picture isn't from Tuesday, but it is of Macie in the house that "caught fire" on Tuesday :)


3 comments:

Liz said...

Proud of my little four year old missionary.All faith and no fear!!!

Treena said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. You and Macie are actually an answer to my prayer. I found out last Wednesday I would be teaching the first Sunday lesson in RS next month. I wasn't scheduled to teach until February so I didn't really have a topic in mind yet. But now through the example of Macie and her mother who is in tune with the Spirit I now have a topic. Don't you love it when these things happen. When you see the Lord work in your life and know He is mindful of you. Thanks again Amy and Macie!

Amy said...

I'm glad I could help :)