Monday, November 10, 2008

Kim at IMC

I'm not sure I'm suppose to put this on the blog. Kim can yell at me later if I wasn't suppose to. I have been emailing my sibs and decided it is just easier to put it here.

Kim is currently at Intermountain Medical Center with a severe case of pancreatitis. They aren't sure exactly what caused it but he is in quite a bit of pain. Last time I talked to Liz she said they were going to up the morphine and hope that helped. He is currently on antibotitics and hopefully that will turn things around. She thinks he will probably be in the hosptial for most of the week. His room number is 747. I'm sure he would be grateful if you kept him in your thought and prayers. I'll keep updating as I hear things.

7 comments:

Deb Hansen said...

We will keep them in our prayers.

Treena said...

Okay, I was trying to be nice and sensitive but Liz has basically thrown Kim under the bus and said he is fair game just like Branden was. The reason Kim is in so much pain is because pancreatitis shuts down the digestive system so this afternoon he was pretty excited to be passing gas. Liz says he gives a thumbs up every time it happens. Who knew a toot could be such a cause for celebration. (Judging from his actions I think the morphine is kicking in). She is trying to stay down wind of him. I told her he could blame it on lake stink.
So all this means he is turning a corner and hopefully will be feeling better and better. The doc decided all this happened because of the erythromycin he was taking for his allergies and that he should be fine when his pancreas returns to normal. He is still in pain but feeling better than he was this morning.

Liz said...

Room 727.
He thought we still went on our vacation and related it to a 747. I told him since we were flying Southwest that we most likely would have been on Mid-80 or a 727,especailly since were only going from SLC to Phoenix.
I think he still thinks he is in room 747 and maybe he has me convinced, but I keep finding him in room 727. Thanks for all your prayers and concerns.

Treena said...

I thought he was in 747 (and I'm not even on morphine). Sorry about that.

J.R said...

Not sure if Kim is on a plane or in the hospital... where or what is IMC? Not sure I want to visit anyway... worried about getting a thumbs up
J.R

Treena said...

Intermountain Medical Center is IHC's new hospital. If you get off the freeway at 53rd and head east towards State street you will see it on your left. You can't miss it. Some people around here refer to it as the Death Star because it is so big. I asked a friend of mine that works there which building Kim would be in. She said the main hospital tower is the tallest(Kim must be in the penthouse) it's straight across from the Trax station. She said there is a big parking lot in front of it. It's connected to the Women's center on the north and the cardiovascular on the south. As for the thumb's up, Deena thinks we should get him one of those big fingers you see at sports events. I'm not so sure. I'm afraid he would start asking us to pull it. :-)

Deb Hansen said...

There is nothing better than a husband on narcotics when you need a laugh. It sounds like the morphine is working.