Friday, December 5, 2008

Another RS party bites the dust

We had our RS Christmas party last night and boy are we glad it's over! Those things are so stressful to plan and so much work. I had been in bed for about an hour before my feet stopped aching. But the sisters seemed to really enjoy themselves so it was all worth it. How do I know they enjoyed themselves? Well I always measure the success of any RS activity by the amount of both laughter and tears that are shed. To me that means they are really feeling something. We had a few behind the scene mishaps that we were able to laugh about, but all in all it went off pretty good.

Today Deena and I ran down to see dad and then went to check out Teara's boutique. There is quite a variety of cute and fun stuff. I bought a really cute bag that I'm going to use to haul around my RS crap. Teara has a lot of her frames and other stuff there. If anyone has a minute tomorrow you should go check it out.

Then tonight we attended Liz's concert. It was wonderful! I'm so glad we went. It was so nice to just sit back and listen to this very talented group of people. Thanks Liz for letting us know about it.

9 comments:

LeShel said...

I'm glad that you said laughed and cried. So true, some of my best RS meetings were spent in tears. And I hate RS and I hate crying!

Deb Hansen said...

Better you than me ;) it sounds like it went well.
I wish we were closer so we could come down to Teara's boutique. I need Christmas stuff. I have made far too many trips to utah county this week. My sister in law is stuck at UVRMC trying not to give birth to identical twin boys and I have been taking entertainment to her. Each day they stay put is a blessing but driving her nuts with board um and anticipation.

Treena said...

Don't speak too soon. Let's see what Sunday brings..... :-)

Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. I hope everything goes okay.

The tote I bought had a website address on the price tag you could check out. It's www.sophieschic.com. They have other things besides totes.

Treena said...

Oh and LeShel, what do you mean you hate RS? Too many old ladies???

LeShel said...

I feel weird in RS. It's not that people are older than me. I actually prefer the older ladies. I tend to make friendships with them more easily than the younger ones. I just prefer to be around kids. It's my safety zone.

Deb Hansen said...

Bite your tongue! The calling is for Branden (YM president) I'm convinced.

My sister-in-law is good and we are super excited for twins we just want them to be big enough. They already have a 7 month old and with tiny twins it will get super complicated. I keep telling them to donate one to me until he's 3 then they can have him back. Three year olds make me crazy!

Treena said...

Yes LeShel, I can totally understand what you mean. I love kids. They love so unconditionally. There is nothing like when one runs up to you with a big smile on their face and hugs you as hard as they can. RS is SO much more complicated. When I was younger I was also more comfortable around the older sisters. They helped me to feel that perhaps there are some good things about me. They didn't shy away from me because I was single. I am now fast approaching the "older" sister status and I hope I will have a chance to repay the kindness by helping someone else.

Amy said...

I'm pretty sure our R.S. has lost the true meaning of Christmas somewhere in the hubbub! They have like 3 different parties planned... way overboard...and they just said yesterday that the Sunday before Christmas they are going to end the lesson early and have treats and social time. Interesting.

Treena said...

Wow, that is interesting. And it sounds like too much "togetherness" for me.

I have been obsessing over my comment about measuring the success of RS activities by the amount of crying. I want to clarify that I don't enjoy seeing people cry for sad reasons. I meant the crying that comes with your heart being so full you cry kind of thing. Our theme was There Are Angels Among Us and the program turned out to be very spiritual and uplifting. Thus the tears....