Friday, January 16, 2009

Church History Answer

Grandpa has been researching Amy's question about Joseph Smith and Baurak Ale.
In History of the Church, Volume Two on pages 36-39 is one of the sections Amy mentioned with the name Baurak Ale included. He says the history surrounding that is at the time of Zion's camp and also when Joseph and some of the leaders had started a school in which they were studying Hebrew. So he thinks it has something to do with that and perhaps it is a Hebrew reference of some sort. Anybody know Hebrew?

3 comments:

Mike said...

I'm glad it has nothing to do with Obama.

Treena said...

Uh,oh! I hope the Feds that monitor our blog don't read your comment :-)

Amy said...

I certainly don't know Hebrew, but it makes sense that it might correlate to that. Some one at church told me that the code names were sometimes used in writings/letters, to keep Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery safe when they had warrants out for their arrests. But no one knew why he chose the name he did, so interesting to know it is possibly a Hebrew reference of some sort.