Today I was shown an old copy of the Doctrine & Covenants. Both is section 103 & 105 there was a name I had never heard before. Baurak Ale...then right after it is says [Joseph Smith Jr.]
When I looked in my scriptures it only has Joseph Smith's name.
I did a little internet research, which I don't recommend because it just brought up a ton of anti and crazy talk, but I did discover that this Baurak Ale was some sort of code name that Joseph Smith sometimes called himself.
The church webpage has nothing to say about this name, which probably means I shouldn't be fishing, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything else about this that is actually truth, not crazy internet talk.
WTH
10 years ago
3 comments:
I've never heard that name before. I know Joseph Smith belonged to the Mason organization at one time. I don't really know anything about the Masons but maybe is has something to do with that. This is interesting. Please post an update if you find out anything.
I'll also ask Grandpa. He's got a set of church history books and he would love the chance to research this.
I asked Grandpa about the Mason thing and he said he didn't think they had code names. He didn't know the answer but was going to check it out in the Church History books he has.
Post a Comment