
This is an email that Branden sent out to all of his employees yesterday
it was too cute not to share.....
Last night I returned home from work. My 7-year old son Braxden excitedly met me and asked if I would like to purchase one of his paper Blackberry phones. Braxden had spent the afternoon “manufacturing” a stack of paper phones (see attached scan) so that he could sell them for money. Braxden demonstrated the phone to me and showed how when you unfold it—it turns into a Nintendo DS!
A smile came across my face—my boy’s first entrepreneurial venture. I was proud of him. I pulled my wallet out and purchased the phone for a dollar. Later that evening, I was telling my wife about it. She said, “yeah, I know—did he also tell you that there is a $1 a month service fee!” (my smile got bigger—dang that kid is goodJ)
The other thing that happened yesterday was that during the day a cute little girl and her mom came to my office selling Girl Scout cookies (I guess they failed to see the NO SOLICITING sign on the door). She asked if I’d buy some cookies. I bought three boxes. I noticed on the list that about 20 other people from the Bank had also signed up to buy cookies.
I don’t need a paper Blackberry and I don’t like girl scout cookies; however, these “sales” people ASKED. Because the ASKED, they got the sale. I realize that selling a mortgage or some other bank product may not be as simple as having a cute face. But the point is you have to ask for the business. When you do, you might be surprised at how many people will respond positively.
Branden P Hansen
Senior Vice President
1 comment:
Sounds like our future is in good hands with youth like this coming up. Thanks for sharing and good job Braxden!
Post a Comment