Friday, February 13, 2009

Dad/Grandpa's Valentine Wishes

He remembers Valentine's Day as being a very special time for him and mom. He hopes it is special for everyone. And says to make the most of it.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Did he always give her roses or did they have other traditions? I wish I could remember or maybe I just never paid attention and never knew; how sad it that.
Would you share with me your memories.

Treena said...

Yesterday when I was talking to him he didn't elaborate on why it was special. We all know the tradition they had with the roses on their anniversary. I do remember she never wanted him to buy her anything because she thought they couldn't afford it. He always did anyway and I think secretly she was glad he did.

To be honest, I didn't pay much attention on Valentines because it's a holiday, like Mother's Day, that I try not to think too much about. I know, selfishness on my part.

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Rethinking my comment...