
I don't know if anyone else has had a chance to see this musical but Deena and I saw if for the second time last Saturday. I REALLY like this show. It is so cleverly written and the performers have amazing voices. We saw it the first time three years ago on Broadway(which was a dream come true for me)and loved it so much we had to see it again when it came here. If this comes anywhere close to any of you and you can swing it, please go! I don't think you'll be disappointed. But I would NOT bother to read the book it's taken from. It's a downer and I couldn't finish reading it.
The song on the Youtube is one of my favorite songs. The YouTube doesn't do the number justice by any sense of the word. I was so overcome with emotion that I cried both times I heard it live. You can tell by the audience's reaction how powerful it is. Okay, enough build-up....
3 comments:
Excellent. Wish we could go see it. We won't be able to because of my chorale dress rehearsals, recording and concerts...
Thanks for sharing the You Tube Song.
I am glad that you were able to enjoy it again here in SLC.
I'm still trying to figure out how you got tickets to two nights. I hear this sold out within minutes of the phones opening. Glad you got in and had such a wonderful time.
Well, we only saw it once here in SLC(other time was three years ago) and the only reason we could get tickets is because one of my co-workers is a season ticket holder at Capital Theater and so she gets to do pre-orders for shows before they go on sale to the general public. It was very nice of her to offer to get us some. I have never known anyone with "connections" before so that was fun.
Post a Comment