We went to the temple in D.C. this past Saturday for our ward temple day and it was a great day! We left around 6am and drove 4 hours northward. On the way up I was looking through our family file name cards that we've been working on for Mike's family and I noticed that we had completed all the individual work for Mike's grandparents and one set of his great-grandparents so that meant that they were ready to be sealed as couples. We hadn't made any arrangements for anyone to watch the girls so I dropped Mike off at the temple and then the girls and I went next door to a stake center where we found a little room to play in for a couple of hours and we also ate the lunch we packed along. Then we met Mike back over at the temple when he was finished with his session. The plan was at this point for Mike to take the girls while I did a session, but Mike had spoken with one of our ward members and she agreed to watch the girls for us so that we could do the sealings. It was such a great experience. We've been working on all the other ordinances for Mike's ancestors for several years, but this was our first experience with sealing any of them.
Family History is cool!
2 comments:
What an awesome day! Plus what a wonderful act of service given to you by your ward member. So is the D.C. temple the closest one to you? There are so many now I can't keep track of all of them.
Raleigh, NC is the same distance away in the other directions, but D.C. is the temple we are assigned to.
Post a Comment