Saturday, July 18, 2009

What's Happenin' at our house....





Yes, Travis and family were in Utah....well Wyoming. JR and MaraDee gave all of us families an all inclusive trip to Martins Cove and other pioneer sites for Christmas. We all were suppose to read the "Fire of the Covenant" and then we went as a family on trek this month. It was a very cool experience! Especially because we only had the "hard pioneer life" for a moment. The nights were spent in nice hotels, that's my kind of trek! I would like to believe that I could have walked across the country, but the truth is I don't know. It is hard to even imagine what these people had to suffer.
I came home from that and went straight to girls camp. I have yet to dislike girls camp (as a leader) we have some amazing kids and some great experiences. I can honestly say that I don't think I am the one teaching these young women. They amaze me all the time!
Lots and lots of fun! Youth Conference in two weeks.......

3 comments:

LeShel said...

what a great trip!!!

Treena said...

The trip looks like a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it as a pioneer.
And some of my best summers were spent with the youth. I also felt like they were the ones teaching me.

Liz said...

Looks like an amazing trip with lots of hard work involved. It will be a trip your families will remember forever.