Yesterday as I pulled in the driveway after work I noticed a big SUV with tinted windows pulling in right behind me. I was a little leery to say the least. It turns out they were a couple of bail enforcement officers who were looking for a drug dealer in our area. Apparently his uncle lives a couple of houses away from us. They asked me what I knew about the people "across the way". Well of course I'm going to point at the house to make sure I know which one we're talking about. One of them yelled at me to stop pointing! Well, excuse me for being Barney Fife! I'm not a "trained professional" when it comes to cop matters. Well I told them what I knew, which wasn't much because these people keep to themselves. He showed me a picture of the drug dealer and I didn't think I'd seen him. They told me (didn't ask, but told) they would be sitting in our side driveway for the night to watch the house. What could I say but okay. The house next to us is in foreclosure and so the weeds are taller than me...that's really true! I was tempted to tell these guys to check in there because all kinds of things could be hiding in them....I'm afraid to think what.
So anyway they left saying they would return in the cover of darkness to park in our driveway. They returned about 10pm and backed into the side driveway facing the drug house. I was all ready to get a lawn chair and park myself in the front yard to watch,but about 15 minutes later they left. Dang! No excitement! Actually, I hope they left because someone else caught him.
Also last night our phone quit working...is this somehow connected to the guys in the big SUV with the tinted windows? Are they trying to keep us from warning our neighbors? Nay, it's more likely the lawn varmint we have. I think he's chewed through the line or something.
WTH
10 years ago
6 comments:
This sounds a lot like a place we used to live. Tons of FUN! Have to LOVE the police.
sounds exciting! I love when interesting things are going down in our neighborhood.
I heard chewed chewing gum in varmint's holes kills um.. not sure about that one, but we fought off voles and moles before with a little doublemint.
I've never heard of using gum in the fight against rodents. We will try it for sure. We got one of those bombs you put down their hole but I'm afraid either Lucy or Ethel would end up with sourced hair or something. :)
i wish you could have hung out in the van and done the stakeout with them!
Sounds like you need to pay the phone bill.
Oh, so we need to actually pay the phone bill, huh? Hmmmmm, guess that means our lights will be going out soon. :)
Post a Comment