Thursday, November 12, 2009

How pumpkin pies are made

5 comments:

Liz said...

Where do you find all this good stuff. LeShel loves pumpkin pie and will eat an entire pie. "Want some pie, LeShel"?

Amy said...

yup... that's about how I feel about pumpkin pie...ewweeeeee!

recent story about pumpkin pie...

I had this one week, a few weeks ago where I was asked to help with several things at church, Macie's school, tending friends kiddos...etc.. and I was feeling very overwhelmed. I attended a R.S. activity on Thurs night that week and I was talking to my friend about my overwhelmed feelings and she told me I needed to learn that it is okay to tell people no every now and then. About that moment a lady from the R.S. presidency came over and asked me to judge the pumpkin pie contest. I said, "sure." Then as soon as she walked away my friend turned to me (knowing that I HATE pumpkin pie) and said, "Amy, that is exactly what we were just talking about. You're problem is bigger than you've realized when you can't even say no to judging nasty pumpkin pies."
The next Sunday when asked if I'd be participating in the ward choir for Christmas this year, I said, "No" and I was so proud of myself :)

Treena said...

Good for you Amy! I have learned to say "no" more too. Now I have to learn to not feel guilty about doing it! :)

I used to hate pumpkin pie too until I discovered it was just bland pie I hated. As long as it has enough cinnamon and nutmeg, its not so bad.

Deb Hansen said...

EEEWWWWWWW

LeShel said...

YUM!! I gotta get me some of dat pumpkin pie!