Grandpa has asked that we read and ponder D&C 27. He would like you to compile a list of everything you learned from this section. He said he was so impressed with this section that he read it several times. It's a short section and I read it while visiting him. At first I thought, piece of cake, I can make a list. But as I read on I realized that he's right. There is a lot in that section and it will take some pondering to realize and understand all of it. Thanks Dad for encouraging us to get into our scriptures.
3 comments:
I've started on this but I'm not getting anywhere.... some advice would be great.
I'll ask Grandpa. I bet I know what he'll say. We'll, see if I'm right...
Okay so I've got some stuff. This is what I have so far.
vs.5: drink of the fruit of the vine? In Matthew/Luke he says he will not drink of the fruit of the vine until kingdom of God has come. What is the fruit of the vine?
vs 13: Fullness of times will include all things both in heaven and on earth. Today we call it the fullness of times. Makes me wonder a little deeper on the this.
vs 15: Lift up our hearts and rejoice. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. We need the whole armor to withstand the evil day. If we have the whole armor we will be able to stand at that last day.
I listed out the Armor:
loins girt with truth
breastplate of righteousness
feet shod with preparation of the gospel of peace
shield of faith
helmet of salvation
sword of His Spirit
I need to better define what each of these items are.
So that's my thoughts so far. I wish we could sit around and chat.
Tell Grandpa I love him and will see him in June!
Post a Comment