Today we went to Lowe's which is a necessary evil for us when we need those kind of things. It was an adventure as always. First we went to the sprinkler supply aisle. Of course it was packed with male type people. One guy was of particular interest. He was camped in front of the stuff we needed to look at and wouldn't budge. He clearly didn't know what he really needed because he kept picking things up and putting them back while muttering to himself. At one point he stepped back and I moved right in with the cart. (My patience was gone). You would think that would give him a clue that there were other people in the store but no he just started reaching over me and the cart. In the mean time an older lady walked up and was complaining to Deena about how she needed another kind of sprinkler head because the one she had was spraying water 4 feet up on her wall. We were in a hurry so Deena told her she would send somebody who worked there back to help her.
After picking up a few other things we proceeded to the check out. There we found a checker that should have been home enjoying her grandkids instead of working at Lowe's. Yes, she was a bit older. OK, she was just plain old. Poor thing had her cat-eye glasses and flaming red wig with a skirt that was above her kness. (It did show off her support hoses nicely).
Deena asked her if she could send someone to help this other lady and she said "NO. I don't have those numbers!. I can't do that!". Clearly it was not in her job description. I noticed her little vest said customer service on the back. That's a lie. So I went to the customer service desk to ask them. Meanwhile back at the check-out our new checker friend was having trouble reading the numbers on the sprinklers parts. She needed to enter them into the computer because they wouldn't scan. She turns to me, gives me one look and says "Well your eyes probably aren't any better than mine." Little does she know how true that is. But I'm wondering what it was about my looks that tipped her off. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or be insulted. Deena was able to see the numbers so she read them to the checker. The funny thing about that was the checker kept saying the number had to start with a zero. Deena kept telling her it didn't have a zero. But she insisted. So Deena just finally added a zero when she read it off and then everyone was happy.
So down the road of life Deena was probably the old lady looking for sprinkler parts and I will be the checker because of my poor eyesight.
WTH
10 years ago
6 comments:
So it's a BLUE APRON!
What a great story of a Saturday at the man store. I laughed until I cried.
I will only wear the BLUE APRON if it goes with my flaming red wig!!
tee hee!
Let us just all hope that when the day comes that we have to where support hose we will be able to pull off the short skirt and bad attitude :) I run into those kind of people everywhere I go, Branden keeps telling me that they flock to me. I'm just glad to hear its not just me ;)
I doubt I'll be able to pull off the short skirt but I do already have the attitude. And, nope it's not just you Deb. I run into them too. In fact I have found that if someone irritates on the way into the store I'm sure to run into to them at least two or three times while in the store. Why can't everyone be the perfect shopper like me! :-)
Post a Comment