Sept 7, 2005
Teara had a baby boy. 5lbs. She is doing fine.
Sept 11, 2005
Teara's baby is in the Provo hospital. When he was born he had some kind of infection so they took him to Provo because they didn't have the right things to treat him in AF. After Sacrament meeting Karl and Shirley took me over to see him. He is a beautiful baby, a lot of black hair. I didn't get to see his hair because they had a cap on his head because they were using a lamp on him because he was looking yellow. Poor little thing, he has needles in him everywhere. His lungs are full. He can't even cry because he is so weak. They said it will be around two weeks before he can come home.
Sept 28, 2004
At this time I would like to write about Darrel. He has done many things most people wouldn't do if they had Parkinson's disease. He has worked on his computer many hours. He has made DVDs of pictures for all the children and their children.
He has done geneology for many family members. He makes birthday cards for all the great grandchildren. He helps me do a lot of my work because of my back. He does the floors, helps to to the laundry. He isn't in the best of health but he doesn't complain. I have to give his diabetes shots and cut his fingernails and toenails which I delight in doing because it makes me feel needed.
For me I don't know what will happen to me when we go to heaven, he will be so far ahead of me.
WTH
10 years ago
6 comments:
Mom's journals are so fun. They bring back so many memories, whether they are happy or concerning, it is great to be reminded of the miracles and events in our lives; as a family. She is WONDERFUL!
Thanks Treena for reading and sharing them with us.
WE LOVE YOU!!!
Thanks Liz! That is very much needed and appreciated.
You know two people are perfect for each other when they both have said the same great things about it other and are both worried about being good enough for each other to get to spend eternity together. I have no hesitation when I say that I know my grandparents have earned an eternal marriage.
What a great thing to say Amy. I would agree.
To be honest sometimes it's difficult to read her journals because it makes me miss her so much. But then I come across something like this entry and I'm glad for the opportunity to get a glimpse inside her heart. I try to be selective about what I post but they may not always be totally upbeat because like Liz said, it can be a reminder of events we have been through as a family and perhaps we can learn from her trials. Love you guys.
That just made me tear up!
When we went to see Grandpa a couple of weeks ago he told Branden that he was grateful not to have had to lose Branden before him. Branden laughed and said that if it made him feel any better he didn't see anyone there to pick him up so it must not have been time to go, Grandpa said that he would make a deal with Branden that he would go first and then come pick Branden up when it was his time to go. Branden said that was a great deal, and what a great feeling that would be to have his Grandparents there to get him when the time comes. Grandpa said that he hoped Grandma was there for him because he wasn't sure he had been good enough to her...I told him that I imagined it would be a reunion much like President and Sister Hinkley's was, after that many wonderful years of marriage she will run to greet him.
I know I personally marveled all of the work that went into putting that book and DVD's together. I have read every story in that book and can't imagine the time and energy that went into it. What a gift to have given us all! The birthday cards always made our kids feel special, especially Braxden...he loved being Master Braxden Hansen.
(I know Treena helped with birthday cards too, THANKS TREENA!)
My pleasure.
Thanks for sharing this tender moment between you guys and grandpa.
Post a Comment