Tuesday, August 19, 2008

my favorite color



By now I think everyone knows that we are selling our home. This has meant painting everything. Including painting over my yellow kitchen. Yellow is a hard color to sale and in this market we need all the help we can get moving it. The best part of moving is that you get to finish all the projects you couldn't afford to finish. I've bought flowers for my house and pictures and other assorted items that I've wanted for some time but didn't have the budget to do it. There is still more that should be spent to make the house more appealing but for now we'll just wait and see.
I'm not in a super hurry to be gone. The boys start school next week. I love their school and would love for them to have some time there. I do think that keeping the house clean and everything perfect will get old very fast and we'll be wishing we were done pretending the house always looks perfect. I'm tired and looking forward to sleep tonight.

4 comments:

Liz said...

My daughter looks too tired...
My picture photos look beautiful; even if I do say so myself.
Those four boys are good looking and I love you all!
Mom

Amy said...

Sad that you had to take all the cute pictures of your boys off the walls, but moms flower photos do look great. So long yellow....do you have any of that color left to paint a wall or two in a new house someday?

Treena said...

It's too bad more people don't like yellow walls. The world would be a better and happier place.

LeShel said...

I loved the way the house felt with my yellow walls. I must admit though that I love the calmness that it has now with the more neutral color. Yellow will always be a color that cheers me up!