Friday, September 5, 2008

Go BRONCOS!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  My camera is broken and so I don't even have a new picture to post. :(   Brenden likes his new teacher.  He is doing well adjusting to getting up earlier and doing his homework.  A little girl came to our house the other day just to say Hi to Brenden. Thankfully he still thinks girls have cooties.  Gage and I got a kick out of it though.  Ryder, Gwen and I have fallen into our new routine as well.  I am tending a 7 month old girl on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  I am working on getting licensed by the state to do child care in my home.  I am very excited to do it, but it is a lot of classes and paperwork.  This way I can make a little more money and get more time with my kids.  It's a win-win situation.  As for how am I dealing with football season Treena--I have learned to live with it.  It's like the saying "if you can't beat them, join them."  Or in my case "if you can't beat them, ignore it."  September is like Christmas for Gage.  Maybe even better.  He went to a fantasy football party with a bunch of his friends the other night.  (and if you're embarrassed that I posted that Gage, you should be.)  :)  Gage has been telling me for years that the reason that I don't like it is because I don't understand it.  While it is true that I don't understand all of the rules, or why it takes so darn long to move anywhere, he doesn't understand the fact that I just don't care about it.  Nope-don't care. I did get into Eli Manning last year and I did predict him winning pretty early. (I feel for the younger and left out little Manning brother)  And I think that guy that changed his name to Ocho Cinco is pretty funny!!  I do try, but there are TOO many games.  I don't mind football on Sunday, but Monday and Thursday too??  And college games on Saturdays.  And then there's the after shows and the pre-shows (which are like daytime talk shows for men)   Wow-I rambled didn't I?  I think I need to join a support group for wives of football fanatics.   As for Gwen she is army crawling now and loves peas.  Ryder smashed into our fence and got a bloody nose and split open his lip. (he wasn't looking forward while riding his scooter)  I am trying to potty train him and it's going okay.  Well that's about it for us!!

12 comments:

Gage said...

not at all embarrassed, it was a fantasy football draft party and a poker tournament, and don't forget I won $150

Treena said...

Glad to hear the update on you guys. I knew Brenden would be a "lady killer".

I loved your comments about football. They sounded a lot like the comments I grew up hearing from Grandma. She and I were out numbered when it came to football on TV. I was first drawn to it because of a cute quarterback. But once I did understand the rules I did start to enjoy it. She even gave in eventually and started to enjoy it. Her favorite team was the Dallas Cowboys because she liked the coach who at that time was Tom Landry. She liked him because he was such a sharp dresser. Watching a BYU game with her(or any sport for that matter) was always a hoot. She got pretty vocal about things.

Hey Gage, I will be in Wendover next weekend. Will I see you there? :-)

Deb Hansen said...

I'm thinking you should be embarrassed! Not about the fantasy football but how much football you watch in general. Just Kidding! That could start a riot on here. I'm with Jenny, why does it take so blasted long to move the ball? I personally only like the "tight ends" ha, ha, ha!

Poor Ryder, its hard to look forward and pay attention when your little.

Treena said...

If you want to start a riot on here lets talk about how boring it is to watch golf. What a snoozer sport! I find baseball pretty boring too. Basketball is the one that keeps my attention. Lots of fast moving action.

Deb Hansen said...

I'd have to agree!!! Maybe if I bad mouth golf I could get the men to defend it and get involved.

Treena said...

That was kind of my plan....to get them riled a little so they would respond. But I'm not very hopeful. Sounds like JR is pushing it off onto MaraDee. I don't think she has any plans to defend golf.... :-)

Deb Hansen said...

She might have to come live with us if she does bad mouth golf. I'm thinking that our teasing is what drove them away in the first place ;)

Treena said...

I'm thinking that too...about the teasing. But hey, I had to endure a LOT of teasing from all of them growing up so I don't feel one bit guilty! I'm just givin' the love back. :-)

Gage said...

As much as I would like to go to Wendover every weekend you will not see me there this weekend.

Golf can be boring unless it is a one of the Majors with Tiger in it.

Baseball is great right now with the
pennant races and the playoffs coming up.

Watching sports is a lot less of a waste of time than surfing the net or "reality" TV (Jenny and Deb)

Jenny Hansen said...

OH Pahhleeeease!



(I do admit watching "reality" tv ALONGSIDE my husband but you have failed to mention why it's MORE of a waste of time)

Treena said...

It's a good thing you didn't include blogging in that.

But hey, at least you have enough guts to stand up to all of us women.

Deb Hansen said...

Come on now, the only reason to watch football, golf, or baseball is so you can get a nap. Reality TV proves there are lots wierder people in the world and boosts self esteem ;) cause it could be worse!