Yep, I'm guilty of being a "blog browser" but I haven't had anything exciting (not that I was willing to admit) happening. However, as you can see from the picture I do have some exciting/stupid news. Ummmm...ya that's me on a motorcycle. Yes, I have lost my mind! I have had it for about six weeks (one month post accident) and I have kept it very quiet for obvious reasons. JR and Dee saw it (by accident) on Braxden's birthday but didn't say anything to me about it (they would like to keep their son off one and I'm not helping...SORRY!) but My sister has. She reminds me daily that I'm an idiot, gotta love big sisters!
The truth is I have been on a waiting list for one (Ducati Monster 696) for a few years because they are difficult to get. It just happened that my time came not long after Branden's crash...BAD TIMING!!! I was not going to do it and was convinced it was a great idea by my cute husband :) why I let him talk me into anything, I don't know. I have gotten my motorcycle licence and some super cute pink biker gear and am goo to go.
Branden is doing great! He is a big liar and will tell you he's 95% but the truth is he's about 75% on good days. He was back on a bike not long after he got home and has tried to get the orthopedic surgeon to let him back on the track this year..Of course I threatened the surgeon and that won't be happening ;) but we have gone on riding dates and that has been fun (if ya can't beat em' join em').
The kids are back in school and seem to love it. Poor Rocwell is lonely, I'm not as fun to play with as big big brother and sister. He will start pre-school next week and go twice a week. I hate that they are growing up so fast and with I could slow time a bit, but we are having fun and enjoying it.
6 comments:
Hey-I think you look cute! I don't know anything about motorcycles, but if you were on a waiting list, it must be pretty sweet. Can't keep your husband off a bike if you have one-no wonder he wanted you to get it!!!
Hmmmmmm.......
They say that confession is good for the soul. I guess I can't say too much because I have been thinking for quite awhile about getting a little scooter to "tool" around on. And lately with gas being so expensive I was getting more serious about it. Mostly to ride back and forth to work. But I changed my mind when I saw the look on Grandpa's face when I causally mentioned it to him.
I hope both of you will be VERY careful.
Glad to hear that Branden is continuing to improve....let's keep it that way!
The funny part of the story is that I already had a little scooter and I loved it. When I told my mom that I had bought the Ducati I honestly expected a freak out. However, she said "Oh good can I have the scooter now?" not what I expected. Now she rides around town on my little scooter.
So what kind of scooter is it?
Do you have to have a license to drive a scooter?
It is a Yamaha Vino 125, I looked at lots of them and that was the best one for what I needed and the right price. It goes about 50 mph so you can keep up with the traffic and not be unsafe.
They just changed the licensing law in July that whatever you do your road test on is what you are licensed to ride up to 650 cc, above that you can ride anything you want. So my Mom just took the written test (its super easy) and then used the scooter to do the road test so she is licensed to ride anything 125 cc of below.
Thanks for the info. I knew you had probably researched before you bought anything. I do that too. I probably will wait now before deciding whether to really get one or not until next spring/summer. It's going to get cold soon and I'm too much of a pansy to ride it to work in the winter.
Post a Comment