Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Contribution

I can't razz my father-in-law too much about not posting if I haven't made any formal posting, so here it is.
Treena, I love that you have created this blog, I too think that it is more valuable that anyone understands to keep in touch. The only time I see most of you is at a wedding, funeral, or home coming of some sort. None of which are appropriate to really sit and get to know each other or catch up. I have missed the good old days when the "My Family" web site was first started and we were all so good at posting and reading what was going on in everyone's lives. Most of all I have missed hearing from Grandpa Hansen. He always has the perfect way of saying the right thing to make me smile. I'm not kidding about having that little poem made into a vinyl sign to remind me not to take life to seriously. And wow Macie is sooooo big. She sounds just like our kids, meals are always lots of fun at our house, I'm sure that they are going to start believing that there is really a wahmbulance (Urban Dictionary definition: stop whining! Why dont you call a wambulance.), my sarcasm is lost on them. It's always a happy day at our house when we have mac and cheese (or pop tarts) because they all like that.

I just got home from girls camp yesterday, I serve as the secretary. Its really the best calling in the youth program because you don't have to be the authority figure, just the fun one. I'm sure that as the RS secretary no one is impressed by your Bishopric tent toilet papering skills. However in young women's that's a big hit, especially with the Bishopric :) Branden stayed home on Tuesday for part of the day and Grandma Dee (aka; MaraDee) had them for awhile. Braxden was thrilled to help his Grandpa JR work in the basement he even brought his hard hat and tools. Branden is not one to want to get his hands dirty with such things so Brax is glad to have Grandpa so close.

We will be spending yet another weekend out at the race track. Branden is racing on Friday and Saturday so we are going to take the trailer (chick camping) down to Miller Raceway in Tooele so he doesn't have to go back and forth. It is not the best weekend to go in my opinion because of the heat. There is acre after acre of pavement so it should be about 160 maybe 180 degrees who knows for sure, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not exaggerating at all :) If anyone would like to get heat stroke with us this weekend your more than welcome to join us.
Deb

4 comments:

Treena said...

I will come to Tooele if there is something reeeeally fast that I can drive.

Love girl's camp. Been there a lot of times as a leader and had a great experience each time. I think the Bishopric Tent TPing skills should be included on your church resume (if there was such a thing). I think that's a great talent to have! I agree that the expectations for the YW secretary and the RS secretary are different but I do my best to break out of the mold. For instance I am teaching the RS lesson in August. For my attention getter/visual teaching aid I'm going to show them how to make a glow stick with Mountain Dew. No lie, it can be done. Well, OK I haven't actually tried it yet because I can't bear to waste the Dew but I've seen the video and it worked on it. So yeah....Dew, it's not just for breakfast anymore!. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to relate it to my topic. But honestly....I don't care I'm doing it anyway.
Be sure and take your toaster this weekend so you can have Pop Tarts! Hee Hee

Liz said...

I love your "wahmbulance" when you hear your children use it on your grandchildren, you'll know it was a hit. I realize that is way out there and not something you are even thinking about at this point -sorry.
I became e-mail address obsessed because of the wedding; would you post yours or e-mail it to me. darrelhansen@comcast.net
Thanks, Liz

Deb Hansen said...

Treena, the Dew glow stick is a sweet skill!!! I need to know that one :)


Liz, I have two e-mails and I check both
debsbully@gmail.com
and
debsbully@mac.com

Treena said...

When I figure out how to put a video on here I'll throw the Dew glow stick video on.
Believe it or not I'm suppose to be working. Liz warned me that this was additive. I believe her!