Carsen has been sick for the past week. It looked like just another kid virus so I didn't bother to take her to the doctor until Tuesday. The doctor heard wheezing in her chest so he set up breathing treatments for her and sent us off to the nearby children's hospital for chest x-rays to make sure it wasn't pneumonia. Lucky for her the x-rays were clear. Yesterday we spent the day at home giving her breathing treatments every four hours. Today she is doing much better. We just got back from a follow-up visit at the doctor and he heard no more wheezing. He says it was probably caused by a virus and that it doesn't mean she has asthma, but that it could be a few weeks before her coughing stops and everything is completely normal again.
Nothing serious and I'm glad that she's feeling much better today.
We joined the Y and I can't wait for Carsen to be all better so we can spend our summer at their new outdoor pool. Macie was really nervous about deep water the first time we went swimming in her Uncle Papa's pool, so I was excited the first time we went to the Y and she realized that the life vest would hold her up and she could doggy paddle across the pool all by herself.
Tomorrow I have a midterm for my Art History class. I'm going to school a little here and there to get a degree in photography. I have no skills in this area, but lately I've really had a passion to learn and I hope to gain some insight and talent through some schooling.
As for Mike, he's just busy working and being the YM's president. I'm currently serving in the primary presidency, but only for a few more weeks and then I have a new an exciting experience headed my way. I'm going to be the new early morning seminary teacher for our ward starting this coming school year. I've been reading the New Testament since that is what they will be studying this year and it is getting me so excited to learn more about our Savior and his mortal ministry. I know my students won't be as excited as me at 6 in the morning, but I know through guidance and direction from my Heavenly Father I can find some way to touch them and help to strength their testimonies of Jesus Christ and his gospel.
So basically we are all good here. If you'd like to spend a week at a beach this summer, we've got a beach house on the water the week of August 3 and would love to have some family join us. Only cost to you is some plane tickets so let us know :).....it is 8 bedrooms so we have plenty of room!
WTH
10 years ago
2 comments:
Hooray for swimming pools and little kids that are feeling better. We had a fun pool experience where I finally got Isaak to jump into the pool and let me catch him. He was loving it. One of the times I had just turned around because he was in the little kids pool by dad. He came running and jumped in,(there's a genius for you.) I of course wasn't there waiting to catch him. Kjel quickly jumped up and pulled him out. It was a good scare for him. I'm glad I didn't see it happen because I'm still recovering from the first time I took four kids under 5 swimming and had one of them jump into the pool while I was getting the stuff settled. I was terrified and he was thankfully okay. We'll just say that I was better prepared the next time I went.
My dream job is to teach early morning seminary. I'm so jealous. What a wonderful experience for you. Good luck with your midterm tomorrow.
Post a Comment