Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Branden Update Finally

I am so sorry I haven't posted any new info about "Evil Kenivl" for a while. He is doing great! He is noticeably better every day, he has even returned to work. Not full time, he can only stand to be up for a few hours at a time and then his back gets hurting too bad. He had two appointments last week, one with the orthopedic surgeon that did my shoulder and then with the trauma team at the U of U. The orthopedic surgeon sees no reason to do anything with the shoulder, there are so many muscles on the scapula that they should just pull it back into place. He thought that with some physical therapy he should be fine, and from the trauma teams perspective he is doing amazing...better than expected. He shouldn't have any reason to go back there unless there is something unexpected come up. YEAH!!!!! If I never have to go there again I will be the happiest girl alive :) that was just a nightmare.

We went in to see the other racer (Rich) and he is doing great too. he was awake and alert, he is having a little bit of trouble with memory still but seems to be regaining more and more of it all the time. He finally remembered who his wife was and the kids have even been in to see him. His vocal cords are paralyzed on the right side so his speech is a little hard to understand, they think that that happened at the track when they put the breathing tube in and that it will be temporary. I spoke to his wife today and they are sending him home tomorrow. It appears that both of them had some angels watching over them, and they are both lucky to be alive.

Just thought you should know that things are going good and we are grateful for all of you prayers and concern.


I hope all of you manly men love the new color scheme ;)

2 comments:

Treena said...

That's all such great news. They both really are blessed.

Love the new background. It's nice to be able to see a different look every now and then. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Liz said...

Glad to hear ALL the "Good News"!