Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lehi News

First off-Happy Birthday Treena!
It seems like it's been a long time since I posted and since it's "quiet time" I thought I'd grab the chance to do it. My child care is going great and the kids (and I) are settled into our routines. I can successfully put six kids down for a nap at the same time. (and yes they sleep!) Makes me feel like wonder woman. :) And I am constantly entertained by the things 3 year olds tell me. :) Gwen is on her third nap for the day and must be going through a growth spurt. Her hair is starting to grow over her ears and I am so excited! Gage went to Brenden's IEP meeting this morning and Brenden is doing well in school but struggling in reading comprehension. I know he understands it but he doesn't test very well. Now that I can't go anywhere without taking seven kids, Gage has to do the appointments. :) My dad is recovering VERY well from his surgery. The cancer didn't spread however it was a lot bigger than they had thought. When they took out his 30+ staples, some of his stomach ripped open so he has to go around with a vacuum on his belly. It looks like he's carrying around a man purse. (and yes I have a picture of the hole in his stomach. Brenden almost threw up so I didn't post it. Disappointed??) He went back to work on Monday even though he wasn't supposed to go back until after Thanksgiving. If you know my dad you understand. I am so excited for Twilight and I already have my tickets!! Gage got volunteered for babysitter so he doesn't get to go and I just know it kills him. Ryder is becoming a completely different child (he hit his terrible 2's late) and loves to argue. He takes control of the toy room and tells the other children where to put the toys away and gets mad when they get it wrong. (he's my OCD child) Tuesday night around 7:30 he told Gage that he was tired, wanted to go to bed and that it was time to brush his teeth. Of course we did exactly that-I just found it strange that a 2 year old would do such a thing. Well that's all for us--hope everyone is doing well!!

4 comments:

Treena said...

Glad to hear the child care is going so well. You ARE wonder woman to get six kids asleep all at once. WOW! Glad to hear your dad is doing so well and yes I'm disappointed you didn't post the pic of the hole in his stomach. Although he may not like having it posted. :-)

Jenny Hansen said...

My dad is definately one of a kind. He actually asked the doctor since he was having an epidural during the surgery if he could be awake to watch it. Of course they wouldn't let him. :) And as any "normal" person would do when their belly pops open-his first thought is to grab his cell phone and take a pic.

Jenny Hansen said...

My dad is definately one of a kind. He actually asked the doctor since he was having an epidural during the surgery if he could be awake to watch it. Of course they wouldn't let him. :) And as any "normal" person would do when their belly pops open-his first thought is to grab his cell phone and take a pic.

Jenny Hansen said...

Oops-I guess I posted twice.