Thursday, November 6, 2008

I feel spoiled!

Thanks everyone for all the b-day wishes, email cards and embarrassing pictures. They all meant a lot to me. I had a great day! Deena and I had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, did a little shopping and then went to see The Secret Life of Bess. Loved it! Tonight we had to go to an Enrichment activity but that was okay. One of the RS counselor's gave me a cake.
Tomorrow....Body World!!

I must confess that I am the one who put the b-day background on the blog. :-)

I am finding that getting older is just not any fun. I have certainly noticed some changes. For instance, a day of yard work used to be a piece of cake but now I find myself popping ibuprofen like candy. I have a mustache that a 16 year old would envy. My gray hair reminds me that my body is not as young as my mind is. I haven't had a speeding ticket for about three years (knock on wood). For anyone who knows my driving record you know that is pretty amazing. I don't know if I'm driving slower or getting smarter at avoiding the cops. I like to think smarter. I actually enjoy going out to eat at 5:00pm to avoid the crowds. I used to be able to function on very little sleep. Now one late night takes days to get over. Going to bed is my favorite part of the day. The music I used to rock out to is now elevator music.

Growing up I always hated being the youngest in the family. Now, well, I really like it! Thanks again my family for all the attention today. Love to all of you.

9 comments:

Amy said...

I squeezed in a quick trip to Body World while I was in Utah. I'm so glad I did...it was incredible and (just ask Mike) I haven't stopped talking about it since. HAVE FUN!

Liz said...

I, also LOVED "The Secret Life of Bees". Kim enjoyed it and sniffled a little; however, if I see it again I don't think he'd go for a second time around. I related a lot in it to my mother's life (love) and I feel passionate about it. Poor Kim...
I loved you description of getting old. I could say Amen and add a few more.
I am glad that you had a wonderful day.
Really, your photos are not embarrassing!
I am glad that you went for the great background in honor of your special day.
Happy seond day of your birthday,

Treena said...

I could add a few more things about growing old too but decided talking about the mustache was going far enough :-)

Body World was A-MAY-ZING!! I am so glad we went. Because of my ultrasound background the fetus section was probably my favorite thing. Although the thought of those babies dying made me teary eyed (another great thing about age...uncontrollable tears).

Deb Hansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb Hansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb Hansen said...

CRAP! Do you have to be old to pop ibuprofen like candy, or to have had joint replacements? And about the mustache I am sure I could give you a run for your money (and I'm not even 30 yet) my sister and I have made a pact that when we are going to be in charge of pulling out each others crazy stray chin hairs when were to old to do it for ourselves. Its good to have someone in the world that will do that for you.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! I still haven't had the chance to go to the body world exhibit. Branden and I need a date night to do it. I had thought about taking the kids and decided that the nightmares and sleepless nights wouldn't be worth it.

Treena said...

Okay, so why didn't anyone say "Oh you're not that old!" I was really fishing for that comment. :-)

Deb Hansen said...

Previous Comment Revised-

OLD?? Your not old! You are the super sexiest, youngest looking member of the entire family!

There did that do it? That was what I intended to say the first time.
(I'm such a suck up!)

Treena said...

Now that's more like it even if it is a lie!