Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers. On Sunday I went from being somewhat dead to feeling very, very well by that afternoon. I know that was from the blessings, prayers, and fasting that went on. I've had my ups and downs the last few days, but in general--I'm doing well. Deb has been an absolute angel for me and so many others(like mom and dad) have helped so much.
In fact I should be back and ready to go for the next race in July! Just kidding--of course. I think we are done with the whole racing thing.
Thank you again, this has been a humbling experience that has really opened my eyes to some things about the fragility of life and the importance of family and friends.
Branden
WTH
10 years ago
8 comments:
Wile Branden is kidding about the racing thing, all he has been talking about is how his is going to fix his bike and what repairs he thinks need to be done so he can get out on the track. Ya, I gasp at that too. I have always had a hard time with the motorcycle thing and I have always said that the bike is the other woman in our marriage :) but I may have some words about that if he really does continue this sport. I do believe that it's therapeutic to get back on the horse that has thrown you, I don't believe its a good idea to do this whole track racing CRAP!!! I might just have to kill him myself so that I don't have to watch him die on that dang bike ;)
I'm just kidding (kind of). I feel incredibly blessed to have him here and doing alright. I'm managing okay I do most of my sobbing in the car coming to or going home from the hospital, by the time I arrive I've pulled myself together. I'm staying again tonight to try and free up some daytime hours for the kids, I'm hoping to find a balance sometime. The kids are also doing okay just missing home and their Mom and Dad. It was good to finally have them see him and see that he is okay. I don't know for sure how much of it they saw but I know it was more than they should have. No one should have to see someone that they love like that. I'm sure that the drive to the hospital after his hart quit was the longest and worst trip of his parents lives, I know it took a decade or so off of mine.
Thanks for all of your concern and prayers.
Deb
You know yesterday Grandpa said I should put on here that Branden should get his head examined while he was in the hospital. I told him I didn't know if I should say that or not. But now it seems a little more appropriate.
Oh ya, he sooooo needs his head examined!!! I've been saying that for years :) I just hope that when it really comes down to it he will think twice (or three times) about getting back on that bike. I have told him that I will live in the hospital and dote on his every need only once for this thing. If there is a next time I'm going to get him the mean nurses and stay home ;)
Glad to hear from you Deb. We are sure that this has been really tough for you. We have all been praying and know that he will heal quickly. You must be caught up on you sleep or really deprived to have such humor at this point; probably the deprived part. Thanks for sharing some time to blog. Humor keeps us going in the tough times and places. Just ask anyone who works in a doctors office, etc. Humor keeps us balanced in times of stress that we don't really know what to do with. I hope he never gets the mean nurses without visitors. :O)
Hi Branden,
Glad to hear from you. It is great to get a post from you. We love you!
you should now use your focus and energy on a sport that is much safer.....Golf! I love the head examined comment from Grampa
love ya
Speaking of medical things and keeping your sense of humor here's a little love story for you:
The love story of Ralph and Edna:
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool Ralph suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there.
Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out.
When the Head Nurse Director became aware of Edna's heroic act she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital,
as she now considered her to be mentally stable.
When she went to tell Edna the news she said, 'Edna, I have good news and bad news.
The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the
life of the person you love. I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness
The bad news is, Ralph hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead.'
Edna replied, 'He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry. How soon can I go home?'
Happy Mental Health day!
Deb, Maybe you should read this to Branden and see how it feels on those ribs :-)
I don't know how to function without a sense of humor. I'm not so sure those around here get me. The first thing I said to Branden in the trauma room was "what are you trying to compete with me? I still win in the shoulder department." That got a smile from him and I think that the trauma team thought I was nuts, but it was that or loose it sobbing and scare him even more. There is humor in everything sometimes you have to look harder than others but its there.
Post a Comment