Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kim's Photo Tag

NO kidding this was the one based on the criteria. Liz helped me find it and download it to this BLOG page. So, for those who may not know about this pic it is Dad in Treena's home during the Christmas Season 2008. He was sharing his favorite poem to describe how blessed he is. This poem it is about his cup runs over so he would drink from his saucer. It is us who are blessed by having such a great example of a father who continues to be an inspiration to us. He will be 90 years old this Oct. Every time I visit him I come away feeling like I was the one uplifted by his spirit. He seems so content with this lot in life and jokes regularly of the trials he faces daily. Dad THANKS for your years of devotion to your wife and children. We are the ones who are blessed.

1 comment:

Treena said...

Thanks for using a picture that doesn't include me sitting on that chair in the background.

I would agree with what you have said about Dad. He still continues to teach me things and show me things by example and his acts of service to those around him. He likes to tells me the staff always tells him he is their favorite. I like to tease him and say it's because he is one of the few that can carry on a conversation with them. But I really know it's more that that.

Every time I ask him if he would like a party or something for his 90th he always replies that he hopes he isn't here by then. He has never been one who likes special recognition. I don't think he appreciated that I put something in the AF Citizen for he and mom's 65th anniversary. At the time I reminded him that it was mom's day too and that's what she wanted so he relented. Guess we'll wait ant see what October brings.